Wedding Day Transport03/07/2012
When planning for your wedding day, there are many choices of transport available for the bridal party on the wedding day from a helicopter to a vintage car or even bicycle. There are also some very original ideas on the internet. Whatever you decide, book well in advance especially if you are choosing high season to get married in.
This will take up a proportion of your overall budget and as hire rates vary enormously, shop around and physically look at the transport choices yourselves so there are no surprises on the day. Don’t forget the changeable weather we now experience in the UK, an open top horse and carriage is a stunning option but if it’s raining ensure there is a hardtop solution also.
Check the route with the transport people you select, often sports cars or vintage vehicles have a low chassis and are not designed to cross certain bridges or crossings.
Transport for Guests
Consider where guests can park and how easy the journey is from the church to the wedding reception venue.
If the journey is difficult or if there is a parking problem, it would be a good idea to hire a coach, taxis or buses from certain points.
For many guests at a wedding, it means an overnight stay in a hotel. If guests are put to this extra expense it is a nice idea to lay-on a coach or bus to take large parties to the venue, especially for fairly long distances which put additional expense on your guests.
There are advantages to laying on transport – you can ensure your guests arrive on time; they can drink without worrying about driving back and stay till the end of the evening to make the party a success.
- Ensure all drivers know the route to where they are going to and collecting from. The last thing anyone wants is confusion on the day.
- Ensure all drivers have a mobile phone so they can call each other should there be a problem and no-one is left waiting anxiously.
- It is helpful for the chief bridesmaid, best man, mother and father of the bride to carry copies of the route, church or venue location and telephone numbers.
- It is worth considering hiring buses or coaches for guests if parking is difficult.
- If you are worried about organising your wedding yourself or are having difficulties with an aspect of the wedding day planning, contact Only Weddings. Our many services will guarantee a smooth and enjoyable run up to your big day.